The Central Coast Climate Collaborative is a membership organization fostering a network of local and regional community leaders throughout six Central Coast counties to address climate change mitigation and adaptation. The Collaborative involves representatives from local and regional government, business and agriculture, academia, and diverse community groups to share information and best practices, leverage efforts and resources and identify critical issues and needs. The Collaborative will engage all communities throughout the region to help ensure a resilient and low-carbon Central Coast prepared for the impacts of climate change. Collaborative will engage with other collaboratives throughout the state.
- Identify opportunities for regional action and serve as a clearinghouse for information and innovative solutions.
- Coordinate grants development and funding for regional and local plans and projects.
- Provide a voice to communicate a consistent message about the importance of resilient, low-carbon communities. Provide a voice at the state and federal level for issues specific to the Central Coast.
- Inform and empower organizations, communities, leaders and public officials to take action.
- Educate the next generation of climate professionals and identify research needs for the region’s universities.
Alliance for Regional Climate Collaboratives for Climate Adaptation
Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments
Beach Erosion Authority for Clean Oceans and Nourishment
Cachuma Resource Conservation District
Cal Poly State University
California Office of Planning & Research
California State University – Monterey Bay
City of Arroyo Grande
City of Capitola
City of Carmel-by-the-Sea
City of Monterey
City of San Luis Obispo
City of Santa Cruz
Coastal Resource Conservation District
Community Environmental Council
Environmental Center of San Luis Obispo
Local Government Commission
Monterey Bay Air Resources District
San Luis Obispo County
San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District
San Luis Obispo County Public Health
Santa Barbara County
Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District
Santa Barbara County Public Health
Santa Ynez Band of Chumash
Sierra Club – Santa Lucia Chapter
State Coastal Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy
The Offset Project
Ventura County Air Pollution Control District
Ventura River Watershed Council
Inaugural Summit: August 23, 2017
Opening Remarks – Larry Allen
Energy Panel – Steve Baule
Water Panel – Vance Trimble
Water Panel – Lynn Rodriguez
Water Panel – Daniel Feldman
Sea Level Rise Panel – Tiffany Wise-West
Sea Level Rise Panel – Juliette Hart
Sea Level Rise Panel – David Revell
Consider becoming a member of the Central Coast Climate Collaborative!
Download the membership form (pdf)